Are You Ready? A Guide to Citizen Preparedness
with Rick Wallace
Over the six weeks Rick and other instructors will present, discuss and have activities related to helping you be aware of, prepare for, and respond to disasters and other hazards that could impact you and your family.
Subject areas will include:
1. Preparing for Disaster: Not if but when
2. Know your Risks: Actions to Protect Yourself and Others
3. Make a Plan for Home, Away and Communications
4. Take Action: Protect Yourself, Your Property and Manage Risks
5. Recovering from Disaster: Building Individual and Community Resilience
6. Additional areas that will be discussed are digital security, financial first aid, insurance, and community action.
At each session you will be given tasks for the upcoming week that will help you take those initial steps toward a broader awareness and state of preparedness.
Instructor: Rick Wallace and others
Rick worked as a firefighter/paramedic for 35 years. The last 28 were with the City of Everett Fire Department. He was one of the first Community Emergency Response Team instructors when Everett Fire began teaching the CERT program in 1999 and taught CERT there until his retirement in 2010. Since then he has been teaching and coordinating CERT courses throughout Skagit County. Rick’s passion is helping to create a mindset of community resilience in Skagit County.
Oct 13 - Nov 17th, 2022
Thu for 6 weeks from 4:00 - 6:00 pm
Anacortes Middle School
2202 M Ave.
Anacortes, WA 98221 Get directions